Wednesday 16 January 2013

New Year, no new starts.



New Year often bring resolutions dictating that we will join gyms and eat grilled chicken salads for dinner.  About 97% of the public do not make it past the first week of the year without breaking this.  I don't agree with the 'New Year, new start' rubbish but I do believe in one thing - life goals.  When it comes to a perfect time I can think of no better than at the start of the year, gives you time to both plan and accomplish these goals.

I like to write mine down, and hopefully I will revisit these next year and be proud of the number of which I did achieve.


  1. Travel out of NI at least twice - Once to Japan.

    This is something the last few years I have wanted to do and I really think this is the perfect time to do it.  I have started planning our Japan trip in 13th June, for just over 2 weeks and I am very excited (and nervous) about taking such a huge trip.  The other place I would like to visit this year possibly is France because I have never been and I want to see it so much.
  2. Get a car.
  3. Get a full time job I don't hate.
  4. Finish Japanese Step 1 and Step 2.
  5. Be more honest about my feelings.
  6. Be more positive (even when things are hard)
  7. Figure out where my career is going; masters/course/work experience etc, and put that plan into action.
  8. Finish a novel. (Doesn't have to be edited)
  9. Grow out my nail (properly including thumbnails!)
I would really like to revisit this in 2014 hopefully having achieved some of these thing or at least made steps towards most of them.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment