Wednesday 12 August 2015

LUSH Aug 2015 - Revamped Bubble Bars OLD VS NEW

Anyone crazy about LUSH knows about the opening of LUSH Oxford Street a few months ago and therefore the release of over 200 new products.  Some of these include old products which have been vamped with new designs and recipes.

Here are all the re-vamped products;

Rose Jam Bubbleroon - £3.75 (No price change)






The new Rose Jam bubbleroon is a more vibrant pink, with what has been described as a slightly sweeter scent.  It is also marginally more beautiful with the deeper pink moulded into a rose on the top.  I have seen reports that the new bubbleroon is actually bigger in size and weight too meaning more value for money!

Verdict; 100% yes, get in my bath!

Yuzu and Cocoa Bubbleroon - £3.75 (no price change)



Again this bubbleroon shows more vibrant colours.  The old bubbleroon was more of a dusty orange wheras the new one sports a more alluring yellow with an lemon-like design on top.  I guess this is up to personal taste as the new one turns your bath yellow rather than orange which some people don't like.  I however think it is miles better.

Verdict; More zest, is best. Thumbs up from me.

Green Bubbleroon - £3.75 (no price change)




The new design reminds me of two things; a turtle shell and watermelon.  Either way this colourful new edition is welcome in my stash.

Verdict; Turtley gorgeous.

 

NEW Karma Bubblebar - £4.25 (Old price £3.25)





I do think this design is much prettier however due to hating the smell I cannot comment on the new or old smell as both are revolting to me.  There is also a notable price difference of a pound but I cannot confirm if this bubblebar has increased in size at all just yet.

 

NEW Sunnyside Bubblebar - £4.65 (Old price £3.75)



The new tear drop shaped bubble bar is more expensive but it has been reported via (Jen's Blog) that this is in fact a lot bigger which more than makes up for it.  The new design is literally a drop of sunshine which will make your bath like bathing in solid gold.

NEW Pop In The Bath - £3.25 (Old price £2.95)

I am unsure if the reformulation of this product includes an increase in size but the 30p price difference could also be a result of inflation.  Previously the PITB bubble bar could be 1 of 4 designs all centered around green, white, pink and blue.  The new as far as I am aware is the standard dark blue background, pink flower and yellow circle inside the flower.  As there is not too much a change to this design I cannot comment on the changes until I try the new product myself.

 

NEW Creamy Candy - £2.75 (No price change)



No price change for this one so it remains the cheapest bubble bar that LUSH offer.  I love the re-vamp despite it not being a huge difference to the original.  I look forward to re-trying this one despite hating the Snow Fairy scent.

NEW French Kiss Bubble Bar - £4.25 (No price change)




I only recently tried the first version of this lavender bubble bar and I wasn't too impressed.  The scent is subtle but relaxing.  The new version has a darker purple ripple through it and also appears to be more of an iceberg shape that the previous design.


NEW Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds - £4.75 (No price change)


Having never used this bubble bar due to the unappealing scent I can only comment on the design change.  I think it is far more attractive and I am happy to see it hasn't decreased in size but has managed to stay the same size.


So that is all the reformulated bubble bars, what are your thoughts and will it encourage you to try them again or for the first time?  I picked up;
  1. NEW Sunnyside
  2. NEW Pop In The Bath
I thought these were the most appealing! I also absolutely LOVE the new bubbleroons and will get them on my next visit. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment