Wednesday 11 January 2017

2016 revisited, 2017 goals.

Happy New Year and welcome to a far too late blogpost about the New year Goals.

Let's start with the goals for last year and see how well I did.


1.  Move out. - PROGRESS
If you don't do any of the rest of the list do this one.  Get a house share, move in with friends or if you get really lucky get your own place.  I will be so proud of you!
Although I did not do this I decided I am now looking for a house of my own and I have saved a lot of money and got a Help to Buy ISA to help me along the way.  I have been house hunting for over 6 months, viewed many and even put an offer on!
2. Learn to make something new. - DONE
In 2015 I started making bath bombs and other basic cosmetics.  Learn how to do more, maybe candles?  Be creative!
This year I expanded my creative skills with card and flower making and did homemade Christmas cards and gifts and signed up for a craft fair to sell my handmade things.
3. READ. 12 books a year. - FAIL
I am recycling this goal from last year but it's achievable and we can definitely do it.
Definitely did not make this a priority, but I'm not too upset - I did a lot!
4.  Take care of your mental health. - DONE
You know what I mean for this one.  Take care of yourself and put it as a priority.  Even over moving out!
100% yes, completed counselling and got myself in a new place mentally. Very proud.
5. Look after dogs. - DONE
You can't have one but keep looking after them whether it be through borrowmydoggy or visiting Lauren and bringing her and her dogs out for a good walk.
Yes, a continued relationship with Lauren.  Plus registering as a volunteer for Rosie's Trust.
6. Eat less meat. - DONE
In the month of January I have tried to limit meat to one meal a day.  I'd like to continue this to strive to be healthier and try more vegetable based meals.
Yes!  Meat is less of a priority and I definitely eat less and I think it's made me healthier.
7. Don't hoard your LUSH stuff - use it! - DONE
Yes! 100%.
8.  Go and see as many plays as you can and want to! - DONE
Yes! This year I seen; In The Heights, Sister Act, The Last Five Years (London), Kinky Boots, Footloose and Little Shop of Horror.
9. Dye your hair back to it's natural colour - and back if you hate it! - DONE
I did it, I hated it, I am back to normal. :P
10. Look into Invisalign, have a consultation and see if it is affordable. - FAIL
I did not.


Additional achievements;
- Travelled alone to Budapest.
- Completed Chiropractic treatment to help shoulder pain.

2017 Goals

1. Travel to at least three new places outside of the UK. (Currently two booked)
2. Become an active volunteer for Rosie's Trust.
3. Reduce meat and dairy consumption overall. Starting with a veggie January!
4. Establish a fitness routine.
5. Buy a house by myself.
6. Improve overall diet - REDUCE SUGAR!
7. Get a promotion/new job.
8. Read 12 books.
9. Explore creativity - sell your stuff at a craft fair.
10. Learn to switch off from social media/technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment