Tuesday 16 May 2017

Life update.

It's mid May and things are pretty great. I feel like I'm doing a lot more varied things with my time and making progress on all of those resolutions I blogged about at the start of the year!

I have been spending lots of my time walking dogs which has been great. Marley is 6 and half months old and he is such a delight.  He can sit, give paw and lie down.  He rarely barks and when he does it's because he is excited or confused, but never in anger.  We have been to all the parks over Belfast and he has met all my friends and family and they all adore him which is lovely to see.

The other dog I have been spending time with is Snoopy.  Snoopy is a 10 year old Yorkie who I got paired with now that I am a volunteer with Rosie's Trust.  I am walking her twice a week which is nice although I get less freedom with her as I can't take him off the lead or walk her when I feel like it due to having to stick with the rota.  She is very friendly and affectionate with people but not so much with other dogs and she can sometimes bark.  Her owner Mr Bell is lovely too and doing something charitable makes me feel useful which is definitely nice to feel.

I have been playing Persona 5 a lot and barely watching TV now that GIRLS has ended but I am enjoying watching The Handmaid's Tale and I think it's truely ground-breaking TV.  

I have managed to fit relatively fit with dog walking and also going to the gym at least once a week.  At the minute this is usually yoga class or weight training but anything that increases my level of fitness is welcomed at this point.  It's around £28 a month which is managable and means if I have nothing to do I can hop off to the gym without having to pay to do another activity.

I am trying to spend my time doing free activites in order to save as much as possible for a house which I am really hoping to get this year.  Turns out finding a house less than 90 grand, in a nice area in East/South Belfast, with 2 bedrooms, decent kitchen, bathroom with bath and needing no major renovation is difficult.  Every month I get closer though and I don't wanna settle for something just to have my own place so patience is key.

Travelling-wise I am currently looking at going to Dubrovnik, Croatia.  Paul and I are thinking of going for a week and I have found this sweet apartment right at the beach with a patio balcony.  The trip for a week (flights and accomodation) is looking about £400 so it won't be too hard on the purse strings either.

Work is good too and I love my job and the people I work with.  Ideally yes I want a better salary but I don't want to sacrifice my happiness for a better wage so I am being picky for what I am applying for.  I managed to get a pay raise for the last year so I am definitely happy about that.

The rest of my time is typically spent with my family and my friends.  I have made new friend in Erin  (a Canadian who temped at Action Cancer) and I continue to keep close friendships with Gerald, Paul, Nikki, Amy, Lauren and the girls from work. 

All in all, life is good - 10/10, would live again.

JPC


No comments:

Post a Comment