Friday 30 April 2010

Conflicting emotions.


At 20, and an educated girl in her prime; I'm in a pretty amazing place in my life. I wake in the morning, or at dawn and have these wonderful people around me. I can sit for hours with my friends and talk about absolutely anything and pour my heart out to them. I've no work commitments and aside from enjoyable classes and typical student work I've no worries. Every night of the week is an opportunity to do something and meet somebody and you meet people you would never have met if I hadn't moved to uni.

Even through the bad times, you may have fell but you've so many people around you picking you up and helping you laugh through your tears. The people who hurt you in the past stay at the bottom rather than the top of your heart and you learn to love yourself more.
I hate being so negative about life, when I am the happiest I have ever been. However, emotions always seem to work their way into my words and actions. I'm not flippant and I do care all of the time.

This sensitivity has it's pros and cons and all those who really know you end up understanding and loving you for it. They realise that you throw your heart into everything and make allowances and pull you through situations which you're over analysing.

Emotions are what's life's all about; happiness, love, worry, fright. Sometimes you know you should be having the time of your life - but you're not. The thing about emotions, you cannot train yourself to feel them. You have to accept them and attempt to channel them well.

Maybe we always have conflicting emotions, everything does not all coincide. Our love life can be great, but our friendships can become weak as a result. I guess all you can do is be true to yourself and face everyday with a positive attitude rather than feeling sorry for yourself or wasting your time with being negative and never doing anything.

- Life's too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment