Tuesday 5 May 2015

LUSH Kitchen - Dislikes

It is well known to all my friends and families that I have a slight obsession with LUSH products and ethics.  As a follower of blogs and vlogs about the products I have come to know a lot more about them.

It always interests me what products LUSH fans actually dislike, and for what reason.  here are some of mine from the LUSH Kitchen.  The Kitchen is excellent but for me I can be too enticed by something which sounds great but just isn't the kind of scent I like.

1. Emperor Of Ice Cream


I absolutely hated this product and it took me a lifetime to finish it.  I bought this expecting it to smell like vanilla ice cream.  I thought it would be creamy, sweet and delicious.  What I received was something quite different.  The texture is oily rather than creamy and you could see the oil building up between the formula itself.  The smell? Bleurghh it smelt rotten.  I later discovered it was the smell of jasmine which I found I now hate with a passion!

Buy if; You like jasmine, and oily pastes.


2. Gumback Express

This product is not the worst thing in the world but I definitely wouldn't buy it again, for 2 reasons.  Firstly the scent isn't very sweet and smells like mashed up bananas that have been sitting in a warm room for a few hours.  Secondly the texture is very thin (Thinner than Rub Rub Rub) and therefore doesn't do it's job very well.  I prefer a very coarse and exfoliating scrub.

I expected this product to be very thick and paste-like and smell like banana bubblegum, so it was not as I expected.  I can see how people do like this product as it isn't terrible - and the almonds shells are a nice natural exfoliatant but just not for me.

3. Geo Phyzz


A firm favourite for many Lushies  - this bath bomb designed for sore muscles and tired bodies.

I shall start with the positives - the scent.  It smells of freshly cut grass and pine trees mixed with a medicinal scent and the bomb itself is HUGE.  A lovely autumnal or winter fragrance.

Where this starts to lose points with me is the actual composition.  It is made mostly (if not entirely) of bath salts.  Therefore it does not create patterns in the water and instead plops down to the very bottom of the tub and means the bath has a layer of hard salts at the bottom.  I felt this was a bit of a waste and would have preferred some sodium bicarb to lift the bomb up and give the bath some moisturising properties.

Anything you've tried in the Kitchen and hated?

Lovelove.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment