Saturday 13 June 2009

Maturity.


We change throughout our life inevitably, not always by choice.

Time changes us, people change us, books change us, experiences change us, where we live changes us. Everything you can ever think of changes us into a more mature version of ourselves.

Whilst in the present we are under the idea that we will always remain who we are, we won't and there's no way to solidify our desire to do so.

I find that I'm unaware of how much I've changed, or matured until I meet somebody from my past. I find I always expect them to be the same as I remember them and I can only assume they think the same of me.

Recently when I met somebody from my past it became clear to me how much I'd grown up - and how much they hadn't. It then became clear that sometimes we need to make certain moves to help us grow up. Whether it's to get a job, get a boyfriend, get a new bunch of friends or to move out of your old life and into your new one.

Sometimes things change you, which is scary. However, I'm thinking that the prospect of staying immature and ignorant scares me much more. I hope to grow and mature into who I've wanted to be instead of staying in exactly the same point not getting anywhere fast.

I say that change shouldn't scare us as much as it tends to do. Change is good. Comfort and the ordinary disallow us to get anywhere.

I've had the best year of my life, and that's been because I've made some hard decisions and have been scared to death that it wasn't the right one. I'm thankful that I made a decision which allowed me to find great friends and a great life. I'm positive that if I wasn't bold and stayed where I was - I would be exactly the same person as I always was.

I'm looking forward to new experiences, and a new development inside myself.


Oh, and I'm Janine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment