Monday 6 September 2010

Everything I own in a box to the left.



Well the summer is fading and the jumpers are being pulled out of my bottom drawer. It's my favourite time of year. It'll be Autumn soon, and I'll be moving back up to my uni house in 6 days. I've only 2 short shifts of work to do before I go back to being a weekend worker and a through the week student and getting into my general lifestyle of getting up at 2pm and eating last nights pizza on mattresses stacked in the living room.

Of course it's not all fun and games. Bit of anxiety about missing those away on placements, re-creating a home with some new friends and hoping the dynamic will suit, hoping money issues that my friends/housemates have will be resolved, hope the work won't swamp me, hope the work will remain as something I can work on and get good grades at, hope the atmosphere is awesome still.

It's been a summer. The reason I don't brand it as great, or eventful is because it wasn't, really. A bit of time off and work is really what I needed. I needed something to motivate and remind me why I'm working at uni, and what I hope to achieve. I'm really excited about living the student life and partying at every opportunity, meeting new exciting people, and getting back that real sense of community and excitement back because lets' face it - summer was lame.

I'm excited for new beginnings, new things to learn and so much drama I can't even imagine it as I sit on my computer chair in my big woolly penguin jumper in bare feet. :)

I hope you are all excited for your new beginnings this Autumn time!

No comments:

Post a Comment