Friday 22 October 2010

There's nothing NOT to love about me.


So we trample in singing and linking arms with each other and the humble six of us form circle and start playing a game with the overhang of a drunken haze and more importantly a good bit of dutch courage. We start playing an unnamed game involved a bouncy ball and a whole lot of secrets and part heartache.

What you had to do was tell a fact about yourself and then bounce the ball to another person who had to do the same. It started off with silly things about things that turned us on, and to honest in went into one of those memorable nights where you really feel the impact of each others lives laid on top of you. I got to really challenge my own honesty from embarrassing childhood memories to life's uncertainties, and so did everybody else.

A lot of people were revealing personal insecurities and battles. I felt like being honest in a seemingly different way and instead of telling something laughable, embarrassing or revealing to just tell something which showed a different angle. My fact of that bounce was; 'I secretly think my body looks kinda awesome naked.' I got a load of woohoos and 'good on you's which made me think that it was a braver thing to say than 'I hate my body naked'

I started to think about how unacceptable it seems to be to be body confident. And I don't mean 'I think I'm the sexiest person in the world, I should be a model' confident. I mean the kind of confident where you realise you should be comfortable and happy and proud of your body rather than apologise over it and hide behind it.

I think when you're single especially when people make jokes about 'That's why you're single' and 'It's not my fault you can't get a boyfriend' you have to remind yourself why you are single; you love the independence, you love the freedom, you haven't found somebody who you want to put a lot of effort into, you're enjoying having a lot of time for yourself etc. You sometimes forget how wonderful you are, how somebody would be lucky to have you just as much as you'll be lucky to have them.

We need to remember as individuals we're totally unique. That the right person will see how talented, gorgeous, funny, kind and inspiring we are; and that's nothing to be afraid of. I'm not afraid of being single but I am afraid of wasting my time with somebody who won't get me, somebody who won't treat me right. I guess it's easy to get caught up in the bad things, and the things you try and change daily but just remember; There's NOTHING not to love about you. You're wonderful, and some day somebody wonderful is going to realise it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment