Monday 5 July 2010

Off/On.

Being single is one of things that can be seen two ways. The first and most annoying is when couples feel sorry for you for not having a boyfriend and automatically assume you want to be paired up, or want to go with random people to somebody validate yourself. The second is that you're very bitter about men and you're being one of those way-past-feminism feminists who hate men and don't see the point of them.

I can honestly say I'm neither of these, although at times maybe I'm glimpses of both. Mostly I'm just a girl who knows what she wants, and having been in and out of relationships I know what works with me in a relationship. So I was looking through youtube and I remember a video response phenonomon about broadcasting what turns you on, and what turns you on. Hence the idea for this blog, so here we go.

What turns me on;
  1. Somebody who has their own life. I don't want to be in a relationship where I'm the centre and everything revolves around me. If you have your own hobbies, your own routine and things you love to do then I think that's so attractive.
  2. Somebody who knows how to be happy. This includes knowing that a lot of things make you happy in life, and making the best out of everything. Being a positive person is so important to me and pessimists really get me down.
  3. Humour. Always tops the list I guess, and trying too hard is always a turn off. A witty sense of humour to keep things interesting is fantastic, and appreciating my sense of humour makes everything happier.
  4. Intelligence. Not over-intelligence or straight A's, but somebody who is smart ebcause they work and want to get far in life is really what I go for.
  5. Ambition. If you work in shop and always want to work in the shop, that just really doesn't do it for me. I need to have somebody who has dreams which they will fight to achieve.
  6. Somebody social, easy to talk to and get on with. I want you to be able to get on well with my family and friends, or else we're going nowhere.
  7. Passion. About something other than me. Honestly, preferably something creative but anything which makes you go off on one with that spark in your eyes gets me everytime.
  8. Being physically attractive. Now I really wouldn't say I'm shallow, in fact if he had a few of the above it really would not matter to me. I think that if you fall for what's inside it shows on the outside and you start you really love the way they look even if they're not what your type is. As for my type; tall, dark longish hair, beard (but no moustashe!), checkered shirts and I love trouser braces, waistcoasts, and blazers. Guys that take pride in their appearance is always good yet obviously vanity or taking more than 15 minutes to get ready is way too far.
  9. Respect and loving yourself. If you know your strengths and are confident without being cocky that's so attractive.
  10. Nerdy guys, or guys who like nerdy things. :)
  11. Cars, I'm sorry but I like a guy with a car.
  12. Big dark curly hair.
  13. Having an open mind, and accepting others views and respecting them.
  14. Having a healthy and strong body. Being able to carry my bags, or lift me up the stairs is a turn on, having to stop for breath on a walk or complaining a lot about being hurt is a turn off.
  15. Understanding my moods and the little things I enjoy.

What turns me off;

  1. Insecurity. We all have our insecurities, but letting them ruin your life and going on about them all the time is very unattractive. Physically if you're insecure about something you should change it, and if you can't you should accept it.
  2. Not being able to take a joke. Yawn, wind yer neck in.
  3. Boring people.
  4. Unadventurous people.
  5. Boring people.
  6. Smokers.
  7. Tattoos.
  8. Jealousy. If you're going to be jealous of my friends, family, or male friends that's not cool.
  9. Clingy-ness. I'm a free bird, if you try and cage me in and not let me have my alone time I will get moody, and may kill you.
  10. Anger issues, and obviously physical violence.
  11. People who dwell on the past.
  12. Being unable to comfort me, or unable to cheer me up.
  13. Laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment