Friday 6 March 2015

A Quide to LUSH Samples

Another LUSH post? Mon Dieu! Je sais…
Whether you are new to LUSH or stalk their shops you may ormay not know about free samples.  I hear the word “free sample” and LUSH in the same sentence and I am very keen to find out more.  Most staff that work for LUSH are very helpful and friendly so don’t be afraid to ask for samples.
NB; All pictures are pictures I have taken of samples I have received in store or online.
Reasons why you would ask for samples;
· To see if you have a reaction. Many people have sensitive skin, and want to make sure the product does not break them out, give them a rash or cause unwanted side effects.
·  To try out the scent/product.  Many products smell differently in the bath/shower/on the skin than they do naked or out of the packaging.  If you like the sound of something, but hate the smell ask for a sample – then make your mind up.
·  Can’t/don’t want to spend the money on full products.  If you love a product but can’t wait until pay day – just ask for a sample.
·  Try before you buy.  Many products cannot be used in store comfortably like deodorant or toothy tabs.
Generally I want to try ALL LUSH products but obviously I cannot afford all of them, so anytime I am in store I ask for a sample of something I want to try.  That way I can afford to eat.
I am going to spilt this guide into two sections – online and in store.  As they work slight differently which will be explained.
All liquid/gel samples are given in small black pots with a label, and solids are given naked or in greaseproof paper.
As far as I am aware you cannot get samples of;
- Bath Bombs
- Bubble Bars
- Bath Melts

In Store Tip and Tricks

1. The best advice I can give is go in when it is NOT busy.  If you go in early morning or a week day lunch time you are likely to get more and BIGGER samples.

I went in the day the Easter collection was out and bought a few things.  Funds were low so I asked for a sample of the two new soaps, and they gave me massive blocks of both of them for free. Look;
2.  If you’re not sure what to ask for – just say you want to try some new things.  Say “I want to try out your skincare stuff, do you have any samples?”  They will most likely give you a good few things to try out. Once I went in because I was sending a package overseas I was speaking for ages to the sales person and asked if there were any samples she could give me to send – and she gave me 5!
3. In store - ask for soap.  Online, they do give you it - but considerably less.
4. Ask for samples of Fresh Face Masks.  These are beautifully displayed on ice.  They are fresh and last for a few weeks, therefore you cannot get them online.  If you do get them online they would definitely not be at their best.  They will give you it in a tiny sample pot which can last up to 2 masks!

Online Tips and Tricks

First of all this is how you order samples online – took me ages to figure this out. When going through the order at the end there will be a big empty box entitled Gift Details.  Just write in that “Can I have a sample of…” In all my orders they have given me a max of 4, so I usually ask for 5 to try my luck.
1. Ask for solid shampoo bar samples. In store they will not give you these, but they do online! They will give you a quarter of the full bar, lasting you up to 20 washes!
2. Ask for samples of solid perfume, make up, toner etc (things that are awkward to package up in store!)
Hope this helps!
Lovelove.
x

19 comments:

  1. Thanks this was really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Thank you. So glad I read this. Going to try it now 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Thank you. So glad I read this. Going to try it now 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to order online and give it a go. You must have a pleasant disposition cos whenever I ask for a sample to go with my purchases all I get a distasteful look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. This was really helpful. I am a blogger and was asking different shops for samples to review but didn't know if Lush gave them out or not. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't see the box for "gift details" where can I find that in my purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  8. go to checkout or cart and select yes as whether your purchase is a gift

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I placed my very first order with Lush yesterday. I kept reading about free samples in the reviews, but I just assumed they would send some of whatever they were giving away at the time with each order. I didn't realize you had to ask. Guess it's too late. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You typically get a small soap sample with an online order if you don't ask for a specific sample

      Delete
    2. I can verify that a small soap sample came with my order. Wish I'd have known how to ask for specifics before placing my order! Oh well! And, I might add that I had to really, really dig around the packing popcorn to find it since it was super tiny (and I had a neck of a time finding full-size soap wands in it). Might have to empty it out to be sure that's it. :D

      Delete
    3. I can verify that a small soap sample came with my order. Wish I'd have known how to ask for specifics before placing my order! Oh well! And, I might add that I had to really, really dig around the packing popcorn to find it since it was super tiny (and I had a neck of a time finding full-size soap wands in it). Might have to empty it out to be sure that's it. :D

      Delete
  10. UGH I went today and requested a sample of a moisturizer (first time trying to get a sample in the store) and was told to just buy it. I'm not sure if she was new or what but she rubbed a "sample" on the back of my hand and I was hoping for a mini pot of the stuff... I usually have such good experiences in that store. :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if that happens next time say you have sensitive skin or something and you want to try it out at home then they might give you the mini pot. I think she might be new :\

      Delete
  11. lush is great for deals like that, i love the free shipping they offer but i must say makeup is always better when you get free makeup samples instead, wouldnt you all agree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where have you gotten free shipping? To my knowledge they don't offer free shipping.

      Delete
  12. I'm kinda not so sure about this. I'm kinda afraid to ask, because I'm afraid the same thing will happen to me with the other commenter. But I saw all my friends have tons of those samples, and I do really want to try a face mask or soap! EEK!

    ReplyDelete