Monday 2 March 2015

LUSH DIY - Cinnamon and Vanilla Lip Scrub

After buying two different lip scrubs from LUSH - Santa’s Lip Scrub (Red and Cola flavour) and Bubblegum (Pink and Bubblegum) I was very curious about making my own.
I had seen on many blogs just how easy it is to make your own, and create your own flavours!
What you will need;


For 4 pots of Lip Scrub
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of light muscovado sugar (Optional - or just use white sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of solid coconut oil (will be melted later)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon


Put all ingredients except coconut oil in a bowl, and put the coconut oil in a microwavable bowl and heat for about 20 seconds until clear and liquid.


Then add all the dry ingredient in and mix well.


Now add to your jars.  I had two jars from my LUSH lip scrubs and these are perfect!  Just make sure you really pack the sugar in with a teaspoon so it is compact.  Any small jars will do, I also used some clean small sample pots.


If you want to go the extra mile - which I did.  You can make your own labels.  I used small labels and made 4 different ones for the pot.
1. Cinnamon and Vanilla Lip Scrub Label.  
I wanted to keep the labels looking very homemade so I used the ‘alphetized cassette tapes’ font from http://www.1001fonts.com/ It looks like very neat handwriting!
2. Picture for the top of cinnamon and vanilla. 
I got the picture just from google and thought it made the pot look less bare.
3. Handmade by Janine.
Again I used the alphetized cassette tapes handwritten front and put this on the back of the lip scrub.
4. Made by Sticker. 
This is inspired by LUSH’s cartoon version of whoever made your product.  I used http://www.cartoonize.net/ to make a cartoon version of myself and added when the product was made and when it should be used by.


What do you think? I love them, they smell and work incredibly!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hair care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete