Thursday 12 March 2015

Cruelty Free Hair Care


As my journey continues on the quest to become Cruelty free with all the products I buy I wanted to tell you of some of the products I have used, or have been using for a while which are cruelty free.
I have had to give up brands like Herbal Essences, Dove, Garnier, L’Oreal Paris, Head and Shoulders, Pantene, VO5, Aussie, TresEmme, Nivea and the list goes on and is endless.  All these brands test on animals or fun companies who do.

Hair Dye

Searching for a CF (Cruelty Free) hair dye is HARD! Especially as 99.9% of those available in Superdrug/Boots are definitely NOT cruelty free. So I went on the hunt for a new one.
I know LUSH do offer hair dye for brown/black/red/marron but none for blonde.  My quest continued and I found Naturtint.
I am actually no stranger to this brand as my Mum has used it for years, due to her allergy to parabens.  They sell a range of hair dyes free from Ammonia, Parabens and Resourcinol.  As far as I could see this brand is 100% against animal testing - but please correct me if I am wrong.
These hair dyes are £10.99 RRP but are frequently part of the ‘Buy one get one half price’ deal in Holland and Barrett.  They work exactly as a normal hair dye except they do not have that strong ammonia smell.

Shampoo

There has been a lot of talk around the blogasphere about the new range ofLUSH’s solid shampoo bars.
This are all £5.75 and can last up to 80 washes! There are a whopping 13 to choose from which are all different colours, scents and made for different hair types.  I would really recommend these as in addition to them being CF they arepreservative free, packaging free and portable.  They are excellent value for money.
If you can’t get into solid shampoo bars or like to have a liquid shampoo to mix up your routine LUSH offer many liquid forms.  However these are less valuable for money.
I have tried Daddy-O (£5.50/100g) which is a purple shampoo formulated forblonde hairBIG (£12.25/330g) which is a sea salt shampoo that comes in a tub and gives mass volume, and I Love Juicy Shampoo (£5.50/100g) which is very clarifying (but not ideal for everyday use)
These can be found here; https://www.lush.co.uk/products/shampoo or in LUSH stores!
Other widely available CF Shampoo includes; Soap and Glory(http://www.soapandglory.com/ or in Boots stores Nationwide) Shampoo and Conditioner and Superdrug (http://www.superdrug.com/ or in store!) own brand Shampoo.

Conditioner

Again after having to give some of my favourite brands I have had to find some new favourites.
Honestly I do love LUSH liquid conditioners, but I like to lush a lot of Conditioner and their liquid conditioners are very expensive.  
Instead I use Superdrugs own which is £2.29/400ml, and is currently on offer at £1.50.  It is a big bottle which lasts ages and is of course is CF.
I use this on the majority of my hair and use the LUSH Jungle Solid conditioner (£3.50/55g) on the rest of my hair and it is AMAZING and smells great, but I find it hard to use to completely cover my hair.  I massage this over my hair to further condition it before washing it out.
Does anybody know of any further good haircare products that are CF and are worth trying? I’d love to know!
Lovelove.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment