Thursday 5 March 2015

February Review

Books; Death Note Episode 3 
Still really enjoying this series.  I am enjoying the transition of the plot, and the way it thickens and involves more characters.  The series is steadily getting darker and this episode actually really brought my interest back.
Movies;
Disney’s Big Hero 6
This was an incredible film by Disney showing they are not losing their touch with animation.  I went in with low expectation and came out very humbled and inpspired.  Baymax is adorable, loving and quite dopey - exactly how I want my future dog to be.
The Theory of Everything
This movie was a masterpiece.  From the beginning to the end it was painful and heartbreaking, but also very warming and humourous.  This is the story of Stephen Hawking and his first wife Jane Wilde, their tumultuous relationship and his health deterioration with ALS.  A must see. Eddie Redmayne captures Hawking perfectly, so much so that on watching it Hawking declared at times he thought he was watching himself.
Fifty Shades of Grey
On writing the title I could sense the judgement of those who will read this.  I did want to see the film as I had read the book.  Despite the book obviously being trash, I wanted to see a trashy movie with a friend - and I did.  I have to say that Jamie Dornan is very hot and carried off the character well.
Now for the bad stuff - it was so cringeworthy it was difficult to cope watching it.  Lines like; “I don’t make love, I fuck. Hard” made the whole cinema laugh.  It was very embarrasing and the lines where delivered very awkwardly.  There did not seem to be much chemistry between Grey and Steele either.
Obviously this film was trash, but I have to say it was entertaining to watch, albiet for the wrong reasons.
TV
Really enjoying Season 4.  Episodes have got somewhat depressing though, might need to pick up a bit.
American Horror Story; Freakshow
The end of this season was fitting to the show.  Overall I did think this season was good but lost it’s way at points.  Not sure about the next title of Hotel with Lady Gaga.
Special Events
Haircut - I get these so rarely.  Good to get some weight off and a fringe back in!
Massage - 45 minute neck and back massage.  Quite painful as he worked out some of my knots and tension spots.
Craft Fair - got many ideas for the upcoming wedding!
Learning 
Got to Level 10 in Duolingo
Overall this month has been more of a getting things sorted for the wedding and saving money for the many events upcoming.  Re-started my job and got back into my routine.
Lovelove.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment