Friday 3 July 2009

Don't ever let anybody ever stump your creativity.


I've met a lot of people in my life who tried to make me make decisions which I wasn't prepared to take. I've met even more people who have really tried to bring me down on decisions I'd already made.

I've been ridiculed for picking English as the subject which I would like to create a career from. I was told by a lot of people that I should do Occupational Therapy or Podiatry. That way I'd be guaranteed a job and I wouldn't have a 'Mickey Mouse' degree that didn't really point me anywhere.

I'll take this example and lead it forward as it's the best example I can come up with.
I guess my decision was based on my immense passion and flair for the subject, and even though I wasn't top of the class, and it seemed unclear to others why I was picking English, it was apparent to me, that I think I'd only be happy working in a career filled with reading and possibly one day writing literature.

However it's not even as simple as that. Often people try to take your achievements, your passion or even your calling and belittle them into mediocre things that not even aren't a big deal, but are actually minus marks against you. How ludicrous!

Be proud of who you are no matter what the cost, do what you want even though some people will always try to see the bad points. In the end, it is only with yourself and what satisfaction you get from your career, or your achievements you've worked hard to achieve. Don't ever let anybody get you down or make you doubt yourself, or the decisions you've made.

Your creativity, your thoughts and your achievements are the things that make you unique and the things that will end up helping you make important decision that couldn't be made by outsiders opinions. Your own creativity is something that nobody else (despite mimicking your flair or stealing your ideas) can ever take away from you.

Don't ever let anybody ever stump your creativity; It's the only thing you truely own.

No comments:

Post a Comment