Friday 10 July 2009

Don't hold on if you should be letting go.



Relationships end, and relationships begin. Sometimes we forget that.
Sometimes the friendships we're in seem like they're always going to be there, however we treat the other person. We think we can give a friendship a backseat and it'll be a strong as it ever was. But that means we've grown up in the time we've spent without the friend and we may be growing apart from them.

I'm very conscious about not letting go of people, and I tend to attach myself emotionally to the positon of the person I have a relationship with. I believe you should not let go of a friendship unless it's completely unavoidable, or if you're the only one making all the effort. But sometimes it's vital to let go, and not hold on 'til the point it's causing you a lot of pain desparately trying to hold on.

A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend recently. It was a mutual decision and quite appropiately made, but for some reason it had really shocked me. Both parties were lovely people, both were going places, and seemed completely into each other and had claimed they loved each other in thier short relationship.

I think the problem with me, is that love for me is the end of relationships. Love for me is that I've found the one person that I can love and that will forever love me back. It's not a case of a guy who I love, break up with, and find a new guy to fall in love with in the next few months.

Of course I understand that relationships have problems and may end up being broken by many different things, and that even if there is love, love does not automatically solve all the broken pieces in the relationship - but it must help a great deal.

I just hope that the decisions people made to end relationships are well thought out and meditated. They'd need to be as it's too precious to let anybody fall out of your hands. I guess it's even more important to know that you will be forced to let go when you don't want to but you really do need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment