Sunday 30 May 2010

Summertime.


It's the start of summer, well for me anyway. My uni house was up on Friday there and a room full of stuff tells me that I'll be here for the next three months. I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to summer and excited for it's opportunites because it was clearly the opposite. I was absolutely having the life of my life and living each minute to the full. Laughing until my jaw was hurting, and being surrounded by the best people ever.

Now I'm home, I feel pretty content. I know I made the most of my second year and I couldn't really ask for more because I always knew it'd come to an end. I guess I'm a little disappointed that so far I don't really have many plans; no holidays booked or jobs lined up. I know I'll have trips to Lurgan and outings all around the place but it's nothing solid I can pinpoint the dates and I guess I don't want to waste a summer.

I'm happy however to get a bit of time off from uni work and happy to spend more time with my family and friends back hoem who I really haven't seen much at all during this uni year. Furthermore I know there's a good few jobs around my area, inlcuding my old workplace so not to be too confident but I really hope one of those will take me. If I do get a job hopefully I can just throw the remains of my student loan into my savings account and keep tranferring my wages into the savings. That way I can just keep topping up my savings and put them into a year bond so by the time I come out of 3rd year I'll have a tidy amount to buy myself a car with. :)

I'm starting to get excited about summertime, and seizing some opportunites. And if I don't end up where I assume I will it'll just open doors for me to do other things with my time.

Life is good, I am so happy.
...but I miss you all like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment