Wednesday 4 August 2010

Feeling like a spare part.

When you're doing something new, are with new people, are different from those around you or haven't quite figured out how you fit in exactly it's pretty easy to feel like you're a spare part. You feel like everything is functioning without you perfectly, and your presence seems pretty well, unecessary which kinda grinds on you after a while.

I guess the thing to remember is that you're there for a reason. If you feel like this then you have to revalute why you're there, list the reasons. Then let the reasons give you confidence and a sense of real worth. Don't be in a place if you are a spare part, because you're NOT needed. However if you're in a place where you feel like you're a spare part when you're not then just remind yourself that you're needed you're wanted and you were chosen to be there over a lot of others.

In other news: Working practically everyday, and starting to make friends there. :) Won't get paid until about a month. When that paycheck comes in I'll be extremely boring and put it in my savings account for my shiny new car one day.

1 comment:

  1. Depends what you mean by spare part. I kinda felt like the odd one out in my last group of friends but because they were sort of wasters.

    I felt the reason why I was there was because I didnt work hard and the reason they were there is because..well..they deserved to be.

    It stunted my enthusiasm whenever I'd try to explain complex ideas to them and they didnt get it!

    ReplyDelete