Monday 2 February 2015

Boots Haul! (And FREE GIFTS!)


Over the Christmas period a common ask on some women’s Christmas list is make-up and cosmetics.  I ventured into Boots to buy some stuff for myself (on behalf of my Mum!).  I found some really good deals, and wanted to share.
L’Oreal Paris
When you spend £14.99 or above on any L’Oreal Paris make-up you the 'So Couture' Gift Set.
I bought; my usual pressed powder True Match in Rose Ivory (One of the lightest shades)£8.19
Brow Artist - Shaper in 02 Blonde 
£5.49

I wanted to try something new for brows.  The one I have at the minute is by Maybelline New York.  It is very waxy and not very pigmented.  This is a bit darker than the Maybelline one - but I couldn’t find a lighter one so I went with it.  On one end is the 02 Blonde shade, on the other is a white pencil for ‘shaping’.  Also there is a small brush attached to the lid.
Le crayon correcteur - True Match in 10 Ivory (The lightest shade)
£5.99

I have never acually tried this before despite using the powder foundation for years! Probably because I don’t really like spending money on concealer as I find them all similar quality - but I thought I would push the boat out and try this one!
This totalled to £19.67 so I picked up the free gift set.  It contained 4 full sized items.
1. Eyeliner  Color Riche Le Khol - 120 Immaculate SnowRRP Unknown

This is a white eyeliner.  I have no idea how I am meant to use this, but I will find out and try my best.
2. Mascara Volume Million Lashes - Extra Black Mascara (9ml)
RRP £10.99

Supposedly built for volume in the lashes.  Looks good, with a comb-like brush.
3. Lipstick Color Riche Lip - 461 Scarlette Creme (24g)
RRP £6.99

An absolutely beautiful vibrant red, with gold outer casing.
4. Nail Varnish Color Riche - 408 Exquiste Scarlet (5ml)
RRP £4.99
A Christmas red varnish - I had been looking for one exactly like this!
Essie Nail Polish
I had never tried Essie nail polish - and I really wanted to and took this as the perfect opportunity.  With any purchase of 2 Essie products, a free gift of three mini nail polishes.
I bought;
turquoise & caicos (13.5ml)
£7.99
This shade is just a tad lighter than mint green - a colour not in my collection.  I had to have it.
in stitches (13.5ml)
£7.99
To me this looks like a mix of a dusty pink and maeve colour.  Very pretty.
The free gift; Winter Mini Kit
Contains 3 X 5ml = 15ml
Comes in a very cute presentation box.
  • White (tuck it in my tux)
  • Silver Shimmer (jiggle hi jiggle low)
  • Dark pinky/red (jump in my jumpsuit)
(All pictures obtained from boots.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment