Friday 6 February 2015

LUSH soap


Soap is something I didn’t care for at all - until I started getting into LUSH.  I found their soaps so fresh and the scents so strong that I needed to try them.  I started asking for samples first whilst buying other products and fell n love with a few.
Here are the soaps I have tried with some mini reviews.
All of these at present are available all year round.
Rockstar - £3.40/100g

This soap has a sweet and almost sugary scent.  Lovers of ‘Snow Fairy’ will surely enjoy this soap.  I was given this in a small gift from Japan with Pink Fun of the same scent.  It has vanilla absolute and you can smell this sweetness.  The soap is very creamy and moisturising.
For me, this soap is a little too sweet (as is Snow Fairy, in my opinion) I give it 3/5 Stars.
Same scented products include; Creamy Candy (Bubble bar), Bubblegum (Lip Scrub), Mmm (Bath Melt) and Snow Fairy Shower Gel.
Honey I Washed The Kids - £3.40/100g
A common LUSH favourite, this soap smells like honey and toffee.  The soap has a honeycomb-like finish on the top, which gives it that little bit extra.  This soap is again very creamy and the scent does tend to linger on the skin.
I would give this soap 4 out of 5.
Same scented products include; Honey Trap (Lip Balm), Honey Bee (Bath Bomb), It’s Raining Men (Shower Gel) and the new solid shampoo bar comically named ‘Honey I Washed my Hair’
Sandstone - £3.40/100g
This is my ultimate favourite.  This soap smells like fresh lemons and …beaches? It is not creamy, but an exfoliating soap.  I use this to wash my legs before I shave them as the soap contains sand which smooths the skin perfectly, and preps for shaving.  I recommended this to a friend who felt the same about soap and she fell in love with this soap.  It leaves your skin smelling amazing and as smooth as melted chocolate.
This soap definitely gets a 5 out of 5 from me!
Sadly there are no similar smelling products.
Sea Vegetable - £3.10/100g
Sea Vegetable is a more earthy, and unisex scent.  The main ingredient to this is actually seaweed, but also contain sea salt and anti-septic lavender oil.  I had a small sample of this soap and I have to say it is the one which lasted me the longest! This is a soothing and possible medicinal soap which could be used on sunburned skin. 
3 out of 5 stars.
Similar scented products; Big Blue (Bath bomb), and BB Seaweed (Fresh face mask)
Ice Blue - £3.10/100g
Now for something a bit different.  A minty soap!  Made from peppermint and sea salt this soap has a fresh scent and when uses on the skin leaves you feeling tingly - much like toothpaste.  This was not my favourite scent, but I have heard some men love this soap so it could be more appealing to a male nose.
I asked for a sample of this once in store and they gave me a big block of it!
2 out of 5 stars.
Similar scented products; Dirty (soap), Dirty Springwash (Shower Gel), Dirty (Body Spray) and Dirty (Toothy tabs).  So basically the dirty range, although I do prefer the dirty scent to Ice Blue.
Mangnificent - £4.00/100g
Sadly this is my least favourite LUSH soap.  It smells of mangoes (which was lovely) but my main problem was storing this one.  I originally had it in the paper LUSH bag, and it actually sweated through at least 3 of these.  The soap is very greasy and wet unless you use it straight away, which was obvious quite problematic.
On using it, it was a nice soap but it was so saturated with moisture to begin with that it didn’t later much.  Although the scent really was very nice.
Similar scented products; You’ve been mangoed (Bath Melt)
Movis - £4.50/100g
Specifically designed for the face, this soap is shaped like a loaf of brown bread - and smells like it too.  I have used this (as a sample) and although the scent is kind of gross, it is exfoliating on the skin.
Figs and Leaves - £3.40
Although far from the most physically attractive soap - I absolutely love this one! The scent is so delicious and I couldn’t get enough of it.   This is creamy, but only has light exfoliation.
5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment