Monday 2 February 2015

LUSH (Bubble bars)

It was really only a matter of time before I started writing LUSH tumblr posts wasn’t it?I have tried SO many lush products that I decided to start at bubble bars.  Which basically are solid bubble bath.  
Directions; With ALL of these I would cut each one into at least 2 pieces, put in small stocking and tie to my tap so that the water touches the bubble bar.  If needed agitate the water with hands or feet.  This means you get FAR more bubbles, and consequently they last longer, and you will get better value for money.
Creamy Candy; £2.75
Rating 2/5
This was the first bubble bar I ever bought.  I was intrigued!  I love the smell; very sweet and sugary.  This is the ‘Snow Fairy’ scent which comes in the form of a shower gel for the Christmas period.
I would cut this into two! I found it was moisturising, but didn’t produce much of a colour in the bath.  It it produce that many bubbles either - but I will need to revisit this one - using the stocking method and irritate the water a bit to see if it works any better.
Dorothy; £3.25
Rating 4/5
I absolutely LOVE the design of this one! Designed and named after Dorothy from The Wizard f Oz this uplifting bubble bar smells AMAZING.  A zingy scent which smells fresh and clean.  The website describes this as like ‘figs and leaves’ but to me that description sells it a little short!
I would cut this into three.  One bath with the top plus a slither from the side and the rest cut in two.  This turns the bath blue, and has a bit of added sparkle! It makes LOTS of bubbles and is a firm favourite amongst the LUSH community.
Pop in the Bath; £2.95
Rating; 3/5
This one comes in a few different colours - which gives you a little bit of choice.  I have had blue and orange colours in mine.  This smells floral and slightly powder - I love it. 
This would cut into three again for me.  A simple but effective bubble bar which produces a LOT of bubbles.  Similar to Creamy Candy, this does not offer much colour to the bath.
Sunnyside £3.75
Rating 2/5; Not great value for money - and I personally amd not too much of a fan of glitter.
This one look like the sun - hence the name! if you like sparkles and glitter this is the one for you.  Made  with plastic-free gold lustre with dissolves this turns your bath into liquid gold - and it smells like citrus.
This one only does two baths.
The Wizard (Halloween 2014 exclusive)
Rating; 3/5
This was the recent seasonal bubble bar.  This had a spicy scent which was quite mild - a definitie autumal scent.  With essence of clove, ginger and cinnamon.
For me this did 2 baths - and produced an impressive amount of bubbles. The strength of the scent however was a little disappointing.
Ma Bar; £3.75 (Lush Kitchen Exclusive)
Rating; 2/5
This bubble bar is made with cocoa powder and cocoa butter.  It smells like a chocolate milkshake!  Although it looks very cute, and it is! I personally found it a little underwhelming.
I used it for 2 baths, but it was a bit of a stretch.  The bubbles were very small and there was no added colour.
Holly Golightly; £4.75 (Christmas 2014)
Rating; 5/5
This christmas bubble is very big! It is very similar to the size of The Comforter and Brightside.  This is a spicy christmasy scent.  Inside the silver base is a bright green centre.  
I used the decoration on top for 1 bath and it was full to the brim with bubbles.  You would get at least 5 baths out of the entire things - I nearly didn’t get this - and I am SO glad I did!
It turns your bath a jade green colour, with a shimmer of silver.  Very festive and beautiful.
The Comforter
Rating; 5/5
This bubble bar in incredible.  It smells like blackcurrant and sugar and will last you at least 5 baths as it is really big.  It turns your bath bright pink and the scent lingers on your skin for ages.  It’s also very moisturising and he bubbles last for ages!
Brightside
Rating; 5/5
This is the zesty sister of The Comforter and smells like grated orange zest.  This is wake you up and brighten up your skin (and your day).  Also lasting 5 plus baths it is not to be missed.
This was orginally out for the Easter range but it was loved so much it has remained in the permanent LUSH catalogue.
Rose Jam (Pink)/ Green Bubbleroon; £3.65
Rating 3/5.
Although these technically are bubble bars they are different sort of breed.  They produce less bubbles (but still an average amount!) and leave the water more silky.  They are made with a lot of cocoa butter and are incredible luxurious and moisturising.  Not my favourite - but I do use them from time to time.  They spilt easily in two and do two baths comfortably.
Rose jam smells floral with a hint of coconut, the green is more fresh and vibrant - but they work the exact same way.
Those are the ones I have tried - I am working on the rest. :P
Lovelove. x

No comments:

Post a Comment