Monday 2 February 2015

LUSH Bath Bombs Review


Second LUSH post.
This time about bath bombs.  Now LUSH actually invented the first bath bombs, (https://www.lush.co.uk/article/inventing-bath-bomb) - and so they sparked a huge bath bomb movement.
Note: Some of these bath bombs are Limited Edition and will be clearly marked.
Phoenix Rising - £3.35
After hearing my two friends RAVE about this bath bomb I decided to give it a shot.  This bomb is half bath melt (the purple exterior) and half bath bomb (a blue exterior).  The idea is for it to immediately plump to the bottom of your bath, slowly melt and then rise (like a phoenix :P) to the top.

It also has a gold shimmer on it and a gold cinnamon stick.  Naturally it smells very strongly of cinnamon - so not for everybody.  I personally do like cinnamon but found this overpowering, hence my hesitation.  When I put this in my bath it plumped down to the bottom, but it did not rise and there was no sign of the blue bomb inside.  It turned my bath purple, and I was disappointed it didn’t do ‘what it says on the tin’.
However, if it did do that - it could have saved it for me.  The warming spicy scent just wasn’t really for me sadly.  I doubt I will try this again for a while.

Good for cinnamon lovers!
2/5
Twilight - £3.35
This is a favourite amongst many LUSH fans.  This is a night time sleep-inducing bath bomb.  It is covered in imprinted stars and moon cresents.  This smells quite musky, but one of the main scents is lavender with something called benzoin and tonka.  On first sniff I absolutely hated this, but I kept coming back to it and wondering what I was missing and ended up biting the bullet and getting one.
When it hits the bath this is meant to resemble the night sky’s evening sun.  The pink slowly swirls into a light purple, then a darker purple with a silver shimmer.  It is really really pretty and super relaxing.
Perfect for a guaranteed good night sleep.5/5
Honey Bee - £3.35
This one is stripey like a bee.  It doesn’t really smell like honey for me, but it does smell good! The website says the three main scents in this are honey, aloe vera and rhassoul mud
Although a very soothing and pleasant bath this bomb turns the bath yellow, which is fine (although some have remarked they felt like they were bathing in their own pee) but doesn’t bring any excitement or contrasting colours.
Good for soothing troubled skin.3/5
Cinders - £2.50 Christmas 2014 Exclusive
This is a spicy bomb wihich to me smells like blown out candles and cinnamon.  It is a smaller bomb (which is reflected in the price) but it packs a punch.  It is decorated with orange popping candy to imitate the crackling of an open fire.
Your bath will turn the colour of the bomb above - nothing spectacular but I absolutely love the smell of this one and as it fizzes you can see the popping candy throughout.  My two friends who loved the Phoenix Rising bomb hated this one - said the smell wasn’t strong enough for them and it was boring.  I totally disagree, I need to pick up a few of these before Christmas ends!

Good for warming up after a long day!4/5
So White £3.50 - Christmas 2014 Exclusive
Named after Disney’s Snow White this bomb smells like sweet apples.  On the outside it is white, and in the middle a rosy pink spills out into your bath.
I found the bath bomb so luxurious and moisturing, it almost felt like bathing in soap lather. What I will say is this is not (for me) a very Christmassy scent, but is a welcome change from all the spicy scents there are on offer.
Good for moisturising!5/5
Luxury Lush Pud £3.50 - Christmas 2014 Exclusive
This one is a spectacle! It is a similar smell to the Twilight bath bomb - ylang ylang, tonka absolute and lavender.  It is much more complex in design.  The bottom is a bright pink, the top is white.  Obviously modelled on a Christmas pudding it has multicoloured spots all over the bomb so when placed in the water it turns the bath and array of many colours.
The impressive one!
5/5
Shoot For The Stars £3.50 Christmas 2014 Exclusive
This is based from the Van Gough painting ‘Starry Night’
This smells like honey and toffee and turns your bath into the sky in this painting.  It is so great.  It has blue, purple, pink and yellow which swirl around the bath.  
For night lovers!
5/5
Northern Lights £3.50 Halloween Exclusive
Pretty sure this was for Halloween/Guy Fawkes Night.  A new shape for a bath bomb.  The main downside to this bomb’s new shape is that many break on the journey home! Luckily I didn’t have that problem.
Purple on the outside and inside on one side is yellow, and on the other is blue.  The idea is that when the colours diffuse on both ends it will cause the bomb to spin clockwise causing a swirl of colours like a Catherine wheel.  It did this for me and it was really interesting and pretty to watch!  It has disolving stars on the outside and a little shimmer on the inside.
As for the smell, it smells like ylang ylang and jasmine.
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment